- ENTRY DETAILS -
PLEASE READ THE CONDITIONS OF ENTRY PRIOR TO ENTERING
...closes 11:59pm Wed 14th Dec
25km ~ $55
16km ~ $40
...closes midday Fri 24th Mar
25km ~ $70
16km ~ $50
ON THE DAY ENTRY
...on the day only, Sun 26th Mar
25km ~ $80
16km ~ $60
** GROUPS OF 8 OR MORE RUNNERS - CONTACT US TO ARRANGE A 10% DISCOUNT CODE FOR YOUR GROUP **
- EVENT SCHEDULE -
Sunday March 26, 2017 (All times AEST i.e. QLD time)
Race precinct opens: 6am
On-the-day entries from 6:10am (last entry 6:40am)
RACE START TIMES
Dash for Duchenne: 7:45am
- LOCATION -
- EVENT DETAILS -
Online entries close at the dates/times outlined at the top of this page. On-the-day entries will be available but attract a late fee.
Race numbers will be available for collection on race day only. Please ensure you have collected your number prior to the time listed in the event schedule above.
Please refer to the Conditions of Entry HERE.
25km - age 13+ on event day
16km - age 13+ on event day
Dash for Duchenne - all ages welcome
CUT OFF TIMES
There are no course cut-offs for any event, however presentations will take place between 10:30am and 11:00am - if you arrive back during or after presentations, that’s OK!
It is strongly recommended that if you wish to walk the majority of the Up The Buff Trail Race course that you choose to enter the 16km event. While there is no official cut-off, we reserve the right to withdraw runners from the 25km event if heat and/or weather dictates as we approach midday.
We expect that participants of the Up The Buff Trail Race events will be mindful of the fact that we are guests of The Ecovillage and Currumbin Valley, and we particularly note the following:
- Participants found littering or vandalising any section of the course, either within The Ecovillage or on the buffer track, may be disqualified from the event.
- Participants are to remain on the marked courses at all times. Do not trespass on neighbouring properties.
- Participants and spectators must drive to and from the event safely and be considerate of where they park. Do not park or drive on private premises.
- Please be considerate of residents of The Ecovillage and keep noise at a minimum when arriving at and leaving the event.
We have taken considerable care in event planning to ensure that the events are safe and enjoyable. There are a few key points that you need to be aware of:
- All roads within The Ecovillage, as well as Piggabeen Road, will be open to traffic on the day of the event.
- Residents within The Ecovillage and along Piggabeen Rd have been informed of the event details.
- Marshals will be placed along the Up The Buff trail run courses to direct runners and, for the on-road sections, to advise motorists to exercise caution with runners on the road. Please ensure that you listen to and follow marshal directions.
- All roads are usually very quiet, particularly on a Sunday morning, and we expect minimal traffic impact on the event.
All runners in the 16km and 25km events must have a water bottle or hydration vest with capacity for 500mL of fluids. This must be carried with you for the duration of the run.
In the unfortunate situation a participant must withdraw from the event you must inform event staff at the start/finish area.
In the unlikely event of an emergency First Aid will be located at the start/finish area. There will be first aid access on course, however given the nature of the course please be aware that there may be a delay in first aid arriving to assist you.
The event will be timed and official results will be available on the results page at the completion of the event - please allow 24hrs for processing. Note that the Dash for Duchenne event is an un-timed charity fun run.
Prize giving will take place as soon as possible on conclusion of the event. To be eligible for category and spot prizes participants must be present at the prize giving to claim their prize.
- Toilets and refreshments will be available in the race precinct at The Ecovillage. Participants are encouraged to use these toilets before the race, as there will be NO TOILETS ON THE COURSE.
- No cars will be able to park inside The Ecovillage grounds. There is ample space along Currumbin Creek Road to park vehicles and marshals will be on duty to assist you with this.
- Note that there will be no left luggage facilities at the event precinct and you are advised to make your own arrangements for storing bags and other items.
- Refreshments will be available for purchase at the event precinct.
- Participants and spectators are encouraged to bring picnic chairs, blankets and shade tents to ensure comfort pre- and post-event.
Those Guys Events have event public liability insurance, but this does not cover you for personal injury. It is strongly recommended obtain appropriate health/income insurance taking in to consideration they are taking part in a sporting event which has potential to result in injury.
RAISING MONEY FOR CHARITY
Bring the family along and take part in the FREE Kids Dash for Duchenne. Up The Buff Trail Race is supporting the Aidan Richardson Trust (ART) - Aidan is fighting Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy - and what better way to draw attention to a muscle-destroying disease that affects kids than by getting kids moving. Aside from 10% of all entries going to the ART, if you wish to make an additional donation to the ART you can do it during registration for the 16 & 25km events online. There's no need to register for the Dash - just turn up on the day and come for a run!
For more information on how you can support this charity please contact us.
- RACE SPECIFIC INSTRUCTIONS -
UP THE BUFF TRAIL RACE (25km and 16km)
Up The Buff Trail Race will be quite different to a road running event in that you will be required to keep an eye out for course markings as follows:
- The course will be marked with a combination of pink flagging tape and directional arrows.
- The flagging tape will be placed immediately following a track junction to confirm you are on the correct track. Markings on sections where there are no route options or intersections will be spread out and irregular.
- Unless otherwise marked or directed, participants should follow the most major track at all intersections. If there is no marking at a minor track junction then continue along the major track.
- Runners should keep to the left-most-side of all trails. There will be occasions when runners will be passing you heading in the opposite direction and in these instances the etiquette is the same as that when driving on the road.
- Please follow all course markers, do not deviate from the course, and obey the instructions of the race officials at all times.
- IF IN DOUBT - FOLLOW THE FENCE!
RACE REFRESHMENT STATIONS
25km Up The Buff Trail Race
Water and Tailwind Nutrition will be available in the race precinct at the start of the race. Aid stations will be located at 3.8km (AS1), 8.2km (AS2), 12.6km (AS3), 17.1km (AS4) and 21.6km (AS5) along the course. Water will be available at all aid stations on course; Tailwind Nutrition will be available at aid stations 1, 3 and 5.
16km Up The Buff Trail Race
Water and Tailwind Nutrition will be available in the race precinct at the start of the race. Aid stations will be located at 3.8km (AS1), 8.2km (AS2) and 12.6km (AS3) along the course. Water will be available at all aid stations on course; Tailwind Nutrition will be available at aid stations 1 and 3.
IMPORTANT: In an effort to minimise our waste impacts there will be NO CUPS AT THE ON-COURSE AID STATIONS. Runners will need to carry a bottle or hydration pack to fill up at the on-course aid station. Note that this is a mandatory requirement for all 16km and 25km runners.
25km Up The Buff Trail Race
(The actual event distance is 25.4km)
The race starts within The Ecovillage, with runners winding their way up through the Highlands Estate on the bitumen road. At the top of The Ecovillage the course turns left onto Piggabeen Rd, with runners following it for several hundred metres until they reach the entrance to the Buffer Track and aid station #1 at the 3.8km mark. The course then turns left onto the Buffer Track and heads back towards the coast, with a solid 4.4km of undulating running - including several steep climbs – leading runners to the first turnaround point and aid station #2. Once you hit the turnaround the course returns over the same 4.4km of trail back to aid station #3. At this point the 25km course continues further out into the Valley along the Buffer Track, with another tough 4.5km of up and down running out to the second turnaround point (and aid station #4) alongside Tomewin Mountain Rd at Bains Rd. From this turnaround runners again retrace their steps, this time back to the Buffer Track entrance on Piggabeen Rd. Runners will then need to find their last reserves as they tackle the remaining climb in The Ecovillage before strapping in for the lightning fast descent to the finish line!
16km Up The Buff Trail Race
(The actual event distance is 16.4km)
The race starts within The Ecovillage, with runners winding their way up through the Highlands Estate on the bitumen road. At the top of The Ecovillage the course turns left onto Piggabeen Rd, with runners following this for several hundred metres until they reach the entrance to the Buffer Track and aid station #1 at the 3.8km mark. The course then turns left onto the Buffer Track and heads back towards the coast, with a solid 4.4km of undulating running - including several steep climbs – leading runners to the first turnaround point and aid station #2. Once you hit the turnaround the course returns over the same 4.4km of trail back to aid station #3. At this point the 16km course heads back onto Piggabeen Rd and into The Ecovillage as runners retrace their steps back to the finish!
DASH FOR DUCHENNE
The Dash for Duchenne will follow a simple route around the lower oval within the Ecovillage. The exact route will be outlined for runners on the day of the event.
RACE REFRESHMENT STATIONS
Participants are encouraged to carry their own water bottles along the course as there will be no on-course aid station. Water and Tailwind Nutrition will be available in the race precinct before and after the events.