Online entries close at the dates/times outlined at the top of this page. On-the-day entries will be available but attract a late fee.
Race numbers will be available for collection on race day only. Please ensure you have collected your number prior to the time listed in the event schedule above.
Please refer to the Conditions of Entry.
25km - age 15+ on event day
16km - age 15+ on event day
Dash for Duchenne - ages 8-14 (inclusive) only
CUT OFF TIMES
There are no course cut-offs for any event, however presentations will take place between 10:30am and 11:00am - if you arrive back during or after presentations, that’s OK!
It is strongly recommended that if you wish to walk the majority of the Up The Buff Trail Race course that you choose to enter the 16km event. While there is no official cut-off, we reserve the right to withdraw runners from the 25km event if heat and/or weather dictates as we approach midday.
We expect that participants of the Up The Buff Trail Race events will be mindful of the fact that we are guests of The Ecovillage and Currumbin Valley, and we particularly note the following:
- Participants found littering or vandalising any section of the course, either within The Ecovillage or on the buffer track, may be disqualified from the event.
- Participants are to remain on the marked courses at all times. Do not trespass on neighbouring properties.
- Participants and spectators must drive to and from the event safely and be considerate of where they park. Do not park or drive on private premises.
- Please be considerate of residents of The Ecovillage and keep noise at a minimum when arriving at and leaving the event.
We have taken considerable care in event planning to ensure that the events are safe and enjoyable. There are a few key points that you need to be aware of:
- All roads within The Ecovillage, as well as Piggabeen Road, will be open to traffic on the day of the event.
- Residents within The Ecovillage and along Piggabeen Rd have been informed of the event details.
- Marshals will be placed along the Up The Buff trail run courses to direct runners and, for the on-road sections, to advise motorists to exercise caution with runners on the road. Please ensure that you listen to and follow marshal directions.
- All roads are usually very quiet, particularly on a Sunday morning, and we expect minimal traffic impact on the event.
All runners in the 16km and 25km events must have a water bottle or hydration vest with capacity for 500mL of fluids. This must be carried with you for the duration of the run.
In the unfortunate situation a participant must withdraw from the event you must inform event staff at the start/finish area.
In the unlikely event of an emergency First Aid will be located at the start/finish area. There will be first aid access on course, however given the nature of the course please be aware that there may be a delay in first aid arriving to assist you.
The event will be timed and official results will be available on the results page at the completion of the event - please allow 24hrs for processing.
Prize giving will take place as soon as possible on conclusion of the event. To be eligible for category and spot prizes participants must be present at the prize giving to claim their prize.
- Toilets and refreshments will be available in the race precinct at The Ecovillage. Participants are encouraged to use these toilets before the race, as there will be NO TOILETS ON THE COURSE.
- No cars will be able to park inside The Ecovillage grounds. There is ample space along Currumbin Creek Road to park vehicles and marshals will be on duty to assist you with this.
- Note that there will be no left luggage facilities at the event precinct and you are advised to make your own arrangements for storing bags and other items.
- Refreshments will be available for purchase at the event precinct.
- Participants and spectators are encouraged to bring picnic chairs, blankets and shade tents to ensure comfort pre- and post-event.
Those Guys Events have event public liability insurance, but this does not cover you for personal injury. It is strongly recommended obtain appropriate health/income insurance taking in to consideration they are taking part in a sporting event which has potential to result in injury.
RAISING MONEY FOR CHARITY
Bring the family along and take part in the FREE Kids Dash for Duchenne. Up The Buff Trail Race is supporting the Aidan Richardson Trust (ART) - Aidan is fighting Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy - and what better way to draw attention to a muscle-destroying disease that affects kids than by getting kids moving. All entry money from the 3km Dash for Duchenne will be donated to the ART, plus 10% of all entries from the 16km and 25km events. If you wish to make an additional donation to the ART you can do it during registration online.
For more information on how you can support this charity please contact us.
GOLD COAST RUNNING MARKETs
Local running retailers and brands will be in attendance at Up The Buff to show off their range of goods. For more information, check out the markets page.